Friday, May 16, 2008

Not Dead Yet

Just as a little inbetween update:

I'm currently working on a (lengthy) presentation of the October 2007 conference on "Basis See" hosted by Griephan Global Security and the Deutsche Marine Institut think tank.
Documentation for that conference, for a sneak preview, can be found here (in German only).

The Bundeswehrplan 2009 should be leaked sometime in the next three weeks. I'll likely put forward some stuff regarding that too, if there's anything "interesting" in there.
The official budget was hammered out last month already. In 2009, the Bundeswehr will have 30.1 billion Euro available; as a positive thing, funding for the new aircraft of the Flugbereitschaft (couple A319 and A340, as well as Bombardier 5000, total about 1.4 billion euro) will not be drawn from the Bundeswehr budget.

50-year aniversary of joint German-British navy training in Plymouth sometime around now. F219 Sachsen is part of the Weekly War there this week.

The first German K130 corvette Braunschweig was commissioned last month. Currently participating in the Mare Aperto maneuvers off Sicily with her squadron tender Donau.

Eight German ships (three minehunters, two frigates, one FAC, two auxiliaries) just returned from taking part in NATO maneuver JOINT WARRIOR off Scotland training asymmetric and mine warfare scenarios. Part of the scenario is protecting an oil platform against attacking insurgents in small aircraft, dinghis, speedboats and even jetskis.
Other scenarios included attack from land, some ASW, and more specific air threats.

NH90 NFH (MH-90) is getting some criticism for delays lately. MoD is supposedly looking for alternatives.
Somewhat interesting in that regard, JOINT WARRIOR apparently saw a British Merlin operating from a German frigate (more than just crossdecking, the relevant article says "air operations").

Other than that, not really much news regarding the German Navy out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

“When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.